Every credit union should be lead by an effective and high-performing board which is collectively responsible for the success of the members. In this presentation, we discuss how to create and sustain a high performing board.
- What do the stakeholders expect from the credit union and the board in its oversight role?
- What does the CEO expect from the board in terms of governance, decision making, strategic oversight and succession planning?
- How does your Chair define quality participation of the board?
- How does your Chair define quality participation of the CEO?
2014 CUES Directors Conference – Roundtable Discussion
Why is Board Succession Planning an important discussion topic?
- The average age of Directors is 63
- Retention is difficult
- It is important to find the best and brightest minds
- Thought and mission continuity – core philosophy
- Canadian regulators mandate succession
- Rigors of getting trained
- Financial literacy requirements and training
- Time commitments
- Committee vs. Education
Questions for discussion:
- What do we hope to achieve with board succession planning?
- What are our succession planning philosophy and policy? Is it tied with the strategic plan?
- Who should lead the process? Who should be involved?
- Who should be on our board? Why?
- How would term limits enable/inhibit our ability to best serve our current and future membership?
- Is board compensation something we should consider?
As a leader, you are more than your values, beliefs, and behavior. You are a pattern. You are a storybook consisting of three dimensions:
• The past is the history
• The present moment is the center of being and action
• The future is the trajectory of our felt imagination
In this presentation, we investigate what drives your leadership and life. How does it affect you and those around you in the board room, on committees, in conversation with your CEO, and in strategic dialogue?
The November Issue of The Federal Credit Union Magazine asks "are you really hiring for tomorrow's leaders?" The business landscape has changed, along [...]
Unconscious Leadership by Deedee Myers PhD – Amplify Convention and Annual Business Meeting 2014 – Spokane, WA
Chapter Workshop by DDJ Myers - Unconscious Leadership [...]
Getting a smooth flow of prepared successors requires developing future leaders from within. 36 months out Board educations session on succession p [...]
Create a Blueprint for CEO Succession Success by Deedee Myers & Peter Myers – National Directors and CEOs Leadership Convention 2014 – Las Vegas
One day, you’ll need to replace your CEO. When the time comes, will you know what kind of executive your CU needs? A recruiter can get you candidate [...]
Proven Strategies to Create a Top Notch Board by Deedee Myers & Mark Haeussler – National Directors and CEOs Leadership Convention 2014 – Las Vegas
How broad is your board’s vision? If your board does not understand and represent the full diversity of your membership, it can’t expect to serve [...]
Board Leadership Development Luncheon Presentation by Deedee Myers – National Directors and CEOs Leadership Convention 2014 – Las Vegas
High performing boards that pay critical attention to the following areas often find they have the most success: Board Composition, Board Committees, [...]