Northwest Federal Credit Union announces an exciting opportunity to be the consumer lending AVP of 50 loan experts! This role will advance your career and give you a chance to advance within an amazing organization! The team you will lead is highly competent, energetic, and has high expectations!
The Assistant Vice President of Consumer Lending oversees operations of the consumer lending and indirect lending funding operations, ensuring compliance with established lending policies and procedures. This includes coaching and leading the lending team to deliver outstanding service through efficient delivery and competitive pricing of the consumer loan and indirect lending products. The individual will also contribute to the strategic planning and review of the department’s annual budget and through collaboration with the VP, SVP of lending and the CFO, will work to set both short and long term goals for the department that are in line with goals of the organization.
- Lead and provide direction to all employees in the Direct Consumer Lending and Indirect Funding Operations Department
- Review credit guidelines and their application to ensure continued focus on Service, Integrity and Excellence
- Consistently evaluate the consumer loan portfolio and analyze developing trends
- Stay well-informed on new technology especially regarding dynamic application processing
- Participate in the development and recommendation of overall consumer loan and indirect operation objectives, policies and practices regarding lending strategies and tactics, including the design, pricing and delivery of loan products and services
- Ensure credit union remains competitive by performing regular comparative market analysis
- Measure and monitor consumer lending officer performance ensuring credit philosophy, guidelines, and practices are followed
- Utilize analytical, critical thinking capabilities and innovative approaches to research, evaluate and recommend new consumer lending products and services that correspond with strategic goals of the organization
- Review and monitor sales reports to ensure cross-selling goals are being met
- Monitor changes in the loan pipeline to ensure sufficient coverage
- Remain cognizant of and adhere to NWFCU policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 10 years progressive management experience in a consumer lending capacity at a financial institution, preferably at a credit union and or a bank
- Proven ability to lead and coach a team of 30+ individuals
- Competency in underwriting complex consumer loans
About DDJ Myers, LTD.
DDJ Myers is the executive search consultant for this organization. Our expertise supports leadership teams in sustainable practices for high-performing organizations through succession planning, leadership development programs, executive coaching, board governance and renewal, and executive search. Please learn more about us at www.ddjmyers.com.
To submit your confidential resume and learn more about the position represented by DDJ Myers, Ltd., please go to http://ddjmyers.com/positions/ or call (800) 574-8877.