Chief Community Engagement Officer
Harborstone Credit Union
Are you a dynamic and passionate individual eager to make a positive impact in the community by helping others?
Harborstone Credit Union (Harborstone) has proudly served its members and their communities for the past 67 years. Harborstone helps people meet their needs and dreams through a wide variety of financial products and services delivered by a staff committed to the highest quality customer service. With the mission to empower its members to achieve their financial goals and make a positive impact in the communities they serve, Harborstone is seeking a chief community engagement officer (CCEO) to join its dynamic executive leadership team.
The CCEO will be pivotal in shaping the organization’s community engagement strategies, corporate social responsibility initiatives, and brand presence. Reporting directly to the CEO and collaborating with the executive leadership team and other leaders, this position is integral in fostering strong relationships with community stakeholders and partners, advocating for social responsibility, and championing Harborstone’s mission and values while driving a positive impact on people’s lives. The CCEO will stay abreast of evolving community trends, adapt strategic initiatives, and strengthen the awareness of Harborstone’s brand within its communities. They will cultivate profound relationships with local stakeholders and coordinate the implementation of community initiatives in collaboration with internal and external leaders, staff, and volunteers. Responsible for spearheading the credit union’s community involvement, sponsorships, and philanthropic activities, they will also lead the development, implementation, education, and management of corporate social responsibility programs aligned with the credit union’s mission and values.
As a vibrant leader in the credit union, you are a natural people-person, a true community champion with exceptional interpersonal skills. Bring your collaborative spirit to life as you team up with leaders across functions and departments, ensuring strategic objectives align with the unique needs of the communities. You bring seasoned leadership to the table — a versatile professional with a creative edge, self-motivation, and proficiency in clearly communicating the organization’s philanthropic initiatives and their impacts. With excellent organizational skills and a talent for juggling priorities, you’ll be the driving force behind turning ideas into results.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven track record with a minimum of seven years of experience in community affairs, corporate social responsibility, or related fields
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand, analyze, and measure key financial metrics
- Leadership experience at the executive level and/or integral involvement in strategic leadership or design.
- Preferred knowledge and understanding of financial services and credit unions
- Existing membership and/or affiliation within Harborstone’s communities is a plus
- Military affiliation is a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Communications, or a related field is required; a master’s degree is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary ranges from $146,000-$195,000
- Comprehensive benefits package available, including medical, dental, vision, etc.