Picatinny Federal Credit Union (PFCU) is conducting a national search for its next chief executive officer (CEO). PFCU is seeking an experienced and forward-thinking professional to serve as CEO, ensuring financial stability while leading the credit union through opportunities for financial growth. The CEO candidate should be a savvy strategic planner capable of working with the Board of Directors to establish and achieve short-term and long-term objectives. The CEO will develop strategic objectives, policies, and operating plans and advise the Board of Directors on financial plans, strategic plans, and relevant financial trends. The CEO has a strategic opportunity to serve a bifurcated membership with both the young and older membership. The younger people prefer the electronic, and the more senior members still appreciate the face-to-face.
The board needs the following competencies in the CEO:
- Be knowledgeable, articulate, and adeptly able to strategically guide the credit union.
- Have strong financial acumen and expertise.
- Continue sales and service culture. Evaluate Disney’s customer service model’s viability and adapt, as necessary, to improve the skills, sales, and service.
- Increase the loan volume and capital.
- Be knowledgeable about the M&A and the pros and cons.
- Be an expert leader in loans, technology, and compliance.
- Evaluate the current executives for leadership skills.
- Live the Army values of loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and courage.
- Facilitate, support, and contribute to others executive development
- Be creative and innovative and combine knowledge and curiosity to achieve desired results.
- Analyze all aspects of a situation to make sound and timely decisions
- Set, pursue, and attain goals
- Organize and influence others to believe in a vision and build trust
- Possess a high degree of personal accountability.
- Anticipate and understand members’ needs and concerns
- Identify and resolve problems or obstacles.
- Be an effective problem-solver by defining, analyzing, and diagnosing key components of a problem.
The successful CEO will have:
- Ten years of financial services and management experience
- Experience in assessing business situations, planning improvements, executing those plans, and evaluating progress.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with the Board of Directors, staff, members, federal and state regulatory agencies, and community organizations
- A strong leadership, supervisory, and financial record
- Excellent managerial and financial skills and the ability to take leadership over any business operations area
- Familiarity with business, accounting, financial reporting, and corporate governance processes, including Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and corporate bylaws.
- Familiar with local, state, and federal economic trends
- Develop financial goals based on future economic expectations.
- Ability to guide through economic success and capable of maneuvering through the economic crisis
- Master’s degree in business or finance preferred.
PFCU is a credit union with plenty of growth opportunities. The credit union currently has five branches in Morris County and over 19,000 members with close community ties to Picatinny Arsenal. Qualified candidates will receive additional information. The position offers competitive compensation and benefits.
ABOUT DDJ MYERS, LTD.
DDJ Myers is the executive search consultant for this organization. Our expertise supports leadership teams in sustainable practices for high-performing organizations through succession planning, leadership development programs, executive coaching, board governance and renewal, and executive search. Please learn more about us at www.ddjmyers.com.
To submit your confidential resume and learn more about the position represented by DDJ Myers, Ltd., please go to http://ddjmyers.com/positions/ or call (800) 574-8877.