ATTENTION: Applications for this role have been paused.
The chief experience officer (CXO) provides leadership, strategic thinking, and pragmatic action to identify, plan, and execute strategies to achieve excellence in member service while promoting a culture of member-centric excellence across all member touchpoints. The CXO works in close partnership with members of leadership and is responsible for the development and execution of strategic initiatives to achieve or exceed service excellence goals.
Reporting directly to the chief executive officer (CEO), the CXO is responsible for ensuring and delivering an exceptional and consistent experience to the members across the credit union’s products, services, and channels. The CXO drives the credit union in maintaining a holistic focus on providing progressive and evolutionary levels of member experience. The CXO is responsible for co-creating a cohesive member experience vision and supporting direct reports in delivering a member-centric experience through all delivery channels of lending, branches, remote delivery, brand, marketing, and community-facing and reaching resources.
Vision and Strategy
- Strategically develop, prioritize, and oversee system-wide member experience initiatives.
- Participate in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic business and performance goals.
- Embody strategic awareness of how culture, brand, and organizational changes interact.
- Continually strive to anticipate and identify members’ needs.
- Provide leadership to member-centric areas, including lending, retail/branches, remote delivery, brand, marketing, community departments, and keeping the alignment around the member experience as an organizing principle.
- Provide direction of the organization’s resources for all member-facing areas of the institution.
- Provide leadership that results in member acquisition, retention, and relationship depth.
- Delegate appropriate levels of responsibility and authority and initiate metrics that measure the experience provided to our members.
Planning and Organizing
- Readily modify, respond, and adapt to change and adjust personal style to work with diverse perspectives.
- Lead annual sales production to meet organizational goals across products and services.
- Lead the efforts to plan, organize, motivate, and control resources, procedures, and protocols to achieve specific goals.
- Allocate, adjust, and manage resources to priorities. Deliver continuous and relevant improvement and innovation in all products and services.
- Proactively, in collaboration with other leaders, lead the design and implementation of cultural and experiential change centered around building relationships with members and a passion for experience with a focus on the member experience.
- Develop productive and generative partnership relationships with other members of the executive team and other organization leaders to influence hundreds of people positively.
- Constructively partner with others to ensure the internal and external brand align.
- Utilize the knowledge of others’ needs, wants, beliefs, attitudes, and behavior to promote a concept, product, or service.
Ongoing Learning and Coaching
- Proactively and continuously learn and self-educate on industry and changing trends in member experiences, products, sales, and services and react to changes in a way that beats the competition.
- Continue executive education to remain constantly aware of new ideas and approaches to understand and serve consumer expectations.
- Understand the digital landscape and its impact on member experience and consumer expectations.
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements that affect functional areas.
- Continuously develop leaders and provide one-on-one and team coaching.
- Effectively build commitment and accountability in others.
- Work within the community to support community presence and outreach in support of the credit union’s cultural values.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Reflect demonstrated proficiency relevant to the role.
- Ten to fifteen years of similar or related experience is necessary.
- Expertise in strategic visioning, planning, and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Show a demonstrated relevant experience in building and sustaining relationships in partnership and expertise in leading multiple functional areas such as lending, branches, remote delivery, brand, marketing, and community outreach.
- In-depth understanding of lending, branches, remote delivery, brand, marketing, and community outreach and how technology is interrelated in the member experience.
- Possesses relevant expertise with financial products, services, and delivery channels and critical and conceptual thinking skills to observe and analyze data to innovate new methods, techniques, or processes to integrate issues and factors into a practical framework.
- Possess positive influencing skills to bring others to new thinking and mindset.
- Proven, high-level experience of decision-making within the discipline and authority of the role.
- Demonstrate an embodied self-clarity and self-accountability as well as strong coaching skills for the development of others.
- Advanced education that is relevant to the role, such as an MBA.
- Ongoing learning through certifications, workshops, and conferences such as the CUES CEO Institute, CUES School of Strategic Marketing, and CUNA Management.