CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
GFA Federal Credit Union
GFA Federal Credit Union (GFA) is focused on “better banking” for its members, no matter how the members may define it. Whether mobile banking, friendly staff, or low rates, all members deserve “better banking.” Are you an experienced financial strategic leader who shares this same belief? This opportunity could be for you!
GFA seeks a dynamic and strategic chief financial officer (CFO) to lead the accounting, finance treasury, and wire transfer departments and be an integral part of the executive management team. The CFO is instrumental in maintaining the credit union’s financial health to best serve the membership. In addition, the CFO will be a coach and mentor to a highly skilled team and report directly to the chief executive officer.
The CFO is the credit union leader for financial oversight and alignment. Primary responsibilities include strategic balance sheet planning/management, budgeting, finance, treasury, and accounting. In addition to leading the finance and accounting teams, this position also has financial oversight responsibilities of two CUSOs.
The CFO will serve as the financial expert at GFA and will communicate and interact with several entities as they analyze, interpret, and deliver comprehensive analyses of financial results to the executive leadership team and the Board of Directors. In addition, the CFO will collaborate with other executive management team members to improve profitability and financial control and provide actionable recommendations on strategy and operations. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary for the CFO to be successful. As an engaged leader, the CFO will coach, mentor and develop employees to promote the organization’s overall success.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree and/or professional designation preferred
- 7+ years of executive leadership experience in accounting/finance at a complex bank or credit union with subsidiaries or CUSOs
- Exceptional leadership, communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data, and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to multitask, maintaining a high degree of detail and accuracy