If you want to join a high-performing team and add value as a chief financial officer (CFO), this role is for you. Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union (SLFCU) seeks a progressive and strategic executive to be its next CFO. As the new CFO for this highly regarded organization, you are expected to contribute value by designing and implementing high-performance practices and tools. You’ll inherit a strong team to support and evolve balance sheet strategies, forecasting, profitability analysis, and pricing recommendations and build a high-functioning secondary markets function.
What you bring to the role:
You are a strategic and futuristic thinker responsible for overseeing the credit union’s financial health and providing actionable insights the organization can use to make effective decisions, improve credit union performance, and seize new opportunities.
- Performance-driven and able to provide measurable results.
- Team-oriented and capable of consistently motivating people to take action and move beyond the expected.
- Strong knowledge of financial institution operational procedures and compliance.
- Thorough understanding of financial institution financial statements, performance metrics, and the impact of institutional processes and policies.
- Proven experience evaluating processes and partnering with business leaders.
- Superior business acumen with the ability to customize and analyze potential and existing member needs and strategies to project future financial success.
- Models the desired culture and values of the SLFCU.
- Minimum ten years experience in a senior leadership role within a financial institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field and professional certification (e.g., CFA, CPA, etc.) required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Broad knowledge of credit union and board governance policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to achieve strategic objectives through subordinate managers and staff.
- Thorough knowledge of credit union products and services, features, and benefits.
- Must be located in Albuquerque or be willing to relocate.
SLFCU is one of the top-rated credit unions in the country and one of the largest credit unions in New Mexico. They’re member-owned and not-for-profit, working for the members’ best interests. SLFCU has locations in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Los Lunas, Farmington, and Edgewood, as well as one branch in Livermore, California.
Albuquerque is a diverse, vibrant city with over 310 days of sunshine. From world-class museums to skiing in the Sandia Mountains, there are countless opportunities to explore in the hot-air ballooning capital of the world. Albuquerque is widely recognized for its outstanding balance between work and play and was recently named one of the best places for outdoor enthusiasts. Resonance Consultancy ranked Albuquerque #34 on its 2021 Life of America’s 100 Best Cities with populations of 500,000 or more.