SVP, CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union (KCU) is a progressive and high-performing organization located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Located on the Kitsap Peninsula, KCU has beautiful views, great camping and hiking, and the Olympic Mountains are about an hour away. KCU is less than a five-minute walk and a short ferry ride away from downtown Seattle.
KCU is a non-profit, member-owned financial cooperative with more than 300 employees and 16 branches throughout Western Washington. KCU is on a mission to expand its communities’ prosperity by providing personalized experiences, convenient access, and highly competitive products and services. KCU has grown over 22% in the last 12 months and is approaching $1.8 billion in assets. They now serve 116,000+ members. Growth through operational excellence is at the core of KCU’s plans. Knowledge and experience in implementing effective processes through Business Process Management methodology are preferred.
KCU offers an exciting opportunity for an executive technologist with a passion for understanding and solving business problems. You will apply your creativity to reimagining the status quo while taking action to impact the credit union’s business strategy and our members’ financial lives. If you are looking for the right lifestyle balance of an evolving culture and supporting a great brand, then KCU has the opportunity for you.
The CIO owns the efficient and stable operation of day-to-day IT activities, as well as the execution of the credit union’s technology and information strategies. As a strategic business leader, the CIO is accountable for ensuring that IT is always working on the highest-value strategic, innovative, and tactical business needs, delivering on time, within budget, and with expected quality and performance. Additionally, the CIO will drive efficiencies through the use of technology and information systems to help the organization maximize its use of data. The CIO will report to the CEO and be a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Lead and develop the cultural transformation of the department exhibiting KCU’s mission and values.
- Be an effective communicator internally and externally to key stakeholders and departments.
- Develop and an IT strategic plan to create technology and project roadmaps to achieve business objectives.
- Be a valued member of the Executive Leadership Team, one who is sought after for their contributions.
- Oversee all technology systems and cybersecurity activities.
- Maintain oversight of all technology projects, ensuring that scope and budget commitments are met with proper planning and staffing.
- Deliver increasing technology value for KCU ensuring the appropriate technology platforms and solutions are delivered for solving business problems and improving ROI/performance.
- Continually improve the quality of IT operations, maintaining internal customer service levels that effectively serve the organization.
- Establish and lead a comprehensive information security program, including annual and long-range goals, security risk identification and mitigation, and adequacy of security controls. Create maturity models and a roadmap for continual program improvements.
- Understand and manage risks that technology/infrastructure presents to the business.
- Keep abreast of emerging information technologies, related industry best practices, and vendors that could be leveraged to achieve business goals.
- Provide technical guidance for the organization and ensure sound enterprise architecture.
- Lead/participate in vendor contract negotiations for all hardware, software, and services. Ensure that IT expenditures are in line with business objectives.
Resource Management Functions
- Create an inspiring team environment. Cultivate a culture of service and collaboration. Support, coach, and develop a talented team of IT professionals.
- Provide direction for the team to support business objectives, setting clear goals, ownership and accountability for scope, schedule, and service quality.
- Build exceptional service delivery across IT organizations with a focus on business-first, pro-active cooperation, continuous improvement, and innovation.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, or information technology-related field (MBA preferred but not required).
- Five years related executive or senior management experience.
- Ten years financial institution experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior senior leadership experience and strong supervisory skills are required.
- In-depth knowledge of and practical experience with a credit union or other financial institution operating areas, functions, products and services, federal and state laws, and NCUA rules and regulations associated with credit unions preferred.
- Proven ability to execute and supported by references.
- Results-driven and possess the ability to achieve and measure results and progress with rigor.
- Able to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely. Must combine strong technical competence with broad business acumen and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Proficient in drafting Standard Operating Procedures, Practices and Guidelines for Board approval, and other forms of professional correspondence dealing with complex regulatory or compliance issues.
- A track record of the successful development, deployment, and integration of new applications and systems software.
- Proven competency in developing system roadmaps and IT strategy that supports business objectives.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for new technology, products, and services
- Familiarity with Azure, O365, Salesforce, or related public clouds
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
KCU holds the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion closely. Over the last 86 years, they have aspired to grow with their communities and support every one of its members’ financial prosperity. As they continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a broad range of voices, they encourage applicants to bring new and bold perspectives. KCU’s story is one of shared values and shared community spirit. KCU welcomes you to be part of what it means to belong at KCU.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Anti-Discrimination
KCU is an equal opportunity employer. We support differences, thrive on the merits that all employees bring, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment, providing opportunities without discrimination based on any difference. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and to compliance with applicable antidiscrimination laws.
KCU’s policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical, mental or sensory disability, military status or status as an honorably discharged veteran, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, genetic information, and citizenship or immigration status. KCU will not tolerate discrimination based upon these characteristics or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
KCU’s policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, disciplinary action, social and recreational programs, and professional development practices. KCU is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.
ABOUT DDJ MYERS, LTD.
DDJ Myers is the executive search consultant for this organization. Our expertise is in supporting leadership teams in sustainable practices for high-performing organizations through succession planning, leadership development programs, executive coaching, board governance and renewal, and executive search. Please learn more about us at www.ddjmyers.com.
To submit your confidential resume and learn more about the position represented by DDJ Myers, Ltd., please go to http://ddjmyers.com/careers/ or call (800) 574-8877.