As the Chief Retail Officer (CRO) at Harborstone Credit Union (Harborstone) you will be the voice of the member to the executive team, keeping the benefit to the member top-of-mind in decision-making and cross-organizational collaboration. You will be instrumental in developing and implementing a member-centric strategy and positive internal culture across the organization.
The CRO drives the development and implementation of the Branch, Contact Center, and Operations strategies. They also ensure that a positive internal culture is built and maintained; one that empowers leaders, creates a highly engaged workforce and delivers an unparalleled member experience. The CRO is also responsible for ongoing talent development and retention, as well as ensuring that the retail division delivers upon their “Friendliest Credit Union in the Pacific Northwest” brand promise. This position ensures that exceptional service levels are maintained within the division through support, programs, resources, tracking and performance metrics. The Chief Retail Officer also participates in outreach to increase the credit union’s visibility in the community and enhance new and existing membership opportunities.
Core Job Requirements/Outcomes
- Serve as a leader and mentor to the 12 Branches, Contact Center, and Operations teams by providing coaching and training to empower leaders, create a highly engaged workforce, and succession plan.
- Create an unparalleled member experience throughout the areas of Branch, Contact Center, and Operations through strategy and operations.
- Drive successful results and divisional performance by consistently achieving divisional goals and strategic priorities.
- Serve as a key leadership team member by working collaboratively and building strong relationships with the leadership team, board, division directors, vendors and partner organizations
Core Leadership Principles
- Lead by example by aligning actions with shared values.
- Embrace and communicate organizational direction by enlisting others in a common vision in support of organization values, goals and decisions.
- Effectively lead organizational change by demonstrating and fostering a growth mindset by inspiring your team to do things differently, seizing opportunities, working through challenges and persevering toward a better future.
- Lead performance by providing direction and delegation to create a climate where people are motivated to do their best.
- Encourage the heart by exhibiting empathy, actively listening and celebrating to cultivate team engagement.
Other Essential Functions
- Lead the identification and development of short and long range division strategies, goals and objectives in collaboration with the executive leadership team, board, and division directors.
- Promote team depth, unity, and succession, by managing the performance, training requirements, and professional development of employees to include planning, needs assessments, design and development and evaluation of leadership skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation: $189,750 to $253,000
- Comprehensive benefits package available including medical, dental, vision etc.