EVP/CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Union Bank and Trust
$200M Assets (on average)
$10B Trust Assets
Founded by 24 construction and trade unions in 1976, Union Bank & Trust (UBT) is one of the only organizations in the country that is owned and controlled by the same members that created it over 40 years ago. UBT is proud of its history of supporting working people, serving the long-term needs and economic well-being of its members, and is committed to local businesses and associations that support our communities!
UBT seeks a progressive and strategic executive to be its next Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer (EVP). Are you a strategically focused EVP? Do you enjoy turning financial data into actionable plans? Are you an experienced leader who coaches and develops others? If so, you may be just what we are looking for! The EVP will join UBT’s executive team and be expected to contribute value by designing and implementing high-performance practices and tools, supporting the development of the organization’s strategic plan, goals, and objectives, and building and maintaining a robust and high-functioning staff.
What you bring to the role:
You are a strategic and futuristic thinker responsible for overseeing UBT’s financial health and providing actionable insights the organization can use to make effective decisions, improve the bank’s performance, and seize new opportunities.
- Performance-driven and able to provide measurable results.
- Team-oriented and capable of consistently motivating people to take action and move beyond the expected.
- Strong knowledge of financial institution operational procedures and compliance.
- Strong knowledge of trust accounting and investment functions.
- Thorough understanding of financial institution financial statements, performance metrics, and the impact of institutional processes and policies.
- Proven experience evaluating processes and partnering with business leaders.
- Superior business acumen with the ability to customize and analyze potential and existing member needs and strategies to project future financial success.
- Models the desired culture and values of the UBT.
- Minimum ten years experience in a senior leadership role in a financial institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field and professional certification (e.g., CFA, CPA, etc.) required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Broad knowledge of bank or trust and board governance policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to achieve strategic objectives through subordinate managers and staff.
- Thorough knowledge of bank or trust products and services, features, and benefits.
- Must be located in or around Minneapolis, Minnesota, or willing to relocate.
About Union Bank and Trust:
Union Bank & Trust will provide Banking and Trust services both locally and nationally in a safe and sound manner by complying with all banking regulations and laws. The institution will provide a safe place for all employees to work and give back to the communities we serve while providing a fair return on our stockholder’s investment.
We hold all employees and managers accountable for demonstrating the Values with customers and with one another. No one Value is more important than another; rather, they — together — represent who we are at UBT. Our Values are critical to our success — and that of our customers and the communities we serve: People, Passion, Performance, Quality, Innovation, and Integrity.