INDIRECT LOAN MANAGER
Whatcom Educational Credit Union
Whatcom Educational Credit Union (WECU) is seeking an ambitious and inspiring leader with a passion for indirect lending to fill an attractive new position for its first Indirect Loan Manager position. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Lending and will be responsible for organizing, planning, and managing the credit union’s indirect lending program.
Your technical expertise, strong analytical skills, and strategic portfolio management experience will support sustainable indirect loan growth to mitigate risk to portfolio integrity. Your customer focus and interpersonal skills will develop growing external relationships with vendors and dealerships and contribute to building strong internal relationships with senior management, the Consumer Lending Manager, and direct reports within indirect loan department.
WECU is based in Bellingham, WA and is the largest credit union in Whatcom County. WECU provides value to its members through its mission to “provide the means for members to achieve their dreams.” WECU is proud of the community it serves and is committed to helping it’s 84,200 members achieve their dreams.
If you value work-life balance, the recreational outdoors, and an engaging local community, then Bellingham could be your next home. Bellingham, WA is known for its outdoor recreation and beautiful views. It has been named “Best Place to Play Year Round,” “Adventure Town USA,” and “Best Place to Retire and Live” by various media. For more information about the location visit www.bellingham.org/.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Markets indirect loan programs to select auto dealerships and dealer networks to expand indirect lending in a prudent, sustainable manner.
- Oversees the development of interest rate structure, indirect lending programs, and budgets that ensure the program is competitive and meets business targets.
- Establishes dealer rules of engagement to ensure dealer transactions are of sound quality for the member and the credit union. Monitor dealer paperwork for accuracy and reports any trends to the Vice President of /Lending.
- Manages and directs the indirect lending department to include underwriting, processing, and servicing vehicle loans in accord with all applicable regulations, policies, and standards.
- Management authority to include staffing, performance management, coaching, and staff development.
- Remain current on changes within the economic, competitive, regulatory, and technological environment that may affect indirect lending functions.
- Prepares detailed research, analysis, and reporting for various audiences, including executive management and the board of directors.
- Collaborates with retail branches and contact center to retain and expand member relationships obtained through indirect loans.
- Partners with other departments and outside parties on campaigns, projects, and initiatives related to indirect lending programs.
- Responsible for handling member complaints or issues relating to the indirect loan department in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs regular audits of the indirect loan department. Ensure that compliance with underwriting and documentation standards is maintained.
- As vendor relationship manager, monitor all vendor contracts and service agreements, hold vendors accountable for their actions, and perform detailed responsibilities as noted in our board-approved Vendor Management Program.
- BSA Specific Requirements: Follows policy and procedures related to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) daily to ensure compliance with current regulations.
- Understand Bank Secrecy Act forms and procedures for monitoring and reporting suspicious activity to the compliance department.
- Follow policy and procedures related to OFAC by consistently running entities and non-member check payee names through the Bridger system.
- Complete mandatory BSA/AML annual training via online web course.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5+ years of experience within the financial institution industry
- 3+ years of progressive experience in indirect lending
- 3+ years of management/leadership experience
ABOUT DDJ MYERS, LTD.
DDJ Myers is the executive search consultant for this organization. Our expertise is in supporting leadership teams in sustainable practices for high-performing organizations through succession planning, leadership development programs, executive coaching, board governance and renewal, and executive search. Please learn more about us at www.ddjmyers.com.
Please click here to be considered for this opportunity: Indirect Loan Manager
To learn more about the position represented by DDJ Myers, Ltd., call 800-574-8877 or write to Lauren Sankwich, AVP of Executive Search, DDJ Myers, Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org.