Director/VP of Internal Audit
The Tennessee Credit Union
Compensation: $110,000 – $120,000/year
Self-starting. Detail-oriented. High integrity.
If these words describe you, you may be the Director/VP of Internal Audit that The Tennessee Credit Union (TTCU) is looking for.
The Director/VP of Internal Audit is an integral part of the future success of TTCU. As the Director/VP of Internal Audit, you are a solo contributor responsible for all facets of audits for the credit union. Areas include front-line operational auditing, back-office auditing, and managing external audits. You will report to the audit committee and work closely with the CEO and the executive leadership team, who are dedicated to the continued improvement and growth of the credit union.
You will establish an annual audit plan for all credit union projects and activities based on formalized risk assessments. You will appraise specific control objectives within areas reviewed and identified as material or high risk, evaluate all reporting systems and procedures for accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness, and recommend improvements. You are also responsible for preparing reports on the results of internal audit examinations and suggested improvements. Additionally, you will maintain awareness of emerging areas in the internal audit field and conduct reviews into possible or alleged violations of credit union business practices or policies. Represent the internal audit function on significant cross-functional teams and act as the liaison for all external audit activities, including federal regulators and external auditors. You are proactive, highly ethical, and not afraid to speak up when red flags arise. You maintain open and honest communications with the audit committee and the CEO, safeguarding the credit union from errors, fraud, risk, and exposure.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills; spreadsheet and database development
- Solid presentation skills
- Builds and maintains relationships
- Broad knowledge of the credit union business, specifically accounting and finance
- Process-oriented: Identifies process and control changes to drive and influence change
- Adapts quickly and operates effectively in a rapidly scaling and dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related field
- Minimum two years experience in internal auditing in credit unions or banks
- CPA and/or CIA preferred
- Up to 10% travel is required, including overnights
About the Tennessee Credit Union:
Founded in 1950, The Tennessee Credit Union is community-strong, trusted, and growing because of our members. For more than 65 years, The Tennessee Credit Union has been helping members achieve their personal financial goals by delivering products, services, and technology designed to exceed expectations.