Become a part of Sun East Federal Credit Union as the next SVP/Chief Financial Officer.
Together, We Will Be Heroic.
Sun East Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution that exists to help members achieve their savings goals!
Sun East’s Next SVP/Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Our next CFO will join a senior team of executives focusing on creating a culture of excellence by leading by example and rolling up their sleeves to build and maintain a solid and healthy working environment for our employees that supports member satisfaction and loyalty. Reporting to the chief executive officer, the CFO will assume responsibility for positively directing the Accounting, Finance, and Risk Management Departments and performing financial functions for the efficient and profitable operations of the credit union and CUSO organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, build, and maintain a strong accounting and finance department
- Build and maintain strong professional working relationships with peers, staff, and the board
- Responsible for ensuring the optimum efficiency and effectiveness of the credit union and CUSO by formulating department goals, strategies, and operating policies and procedures
- Participate in the creation and execution of the credit union’s strategic plans and the organization’s goals and objectives
- Prepare budgets and financial analyses for the credit union
- Develop revenue, expense, and capital expenditure plans and productivity goals
- Perform Asset/Liability Management analysis
- Perform financial forecasts and analysis to support the overall decision-making process for organizational planning
- Identify and monitor profit and loss opportunities as needed
- Oversee the preparation and review of monthly financial statements and reports
- Cooperate with examiners and auditors on yearly financial and federal examinations and file NCUA reports
- Responsible for overall control of fraud, BSA, compliance, and quality control audit functions
- Serves as BSA Officer for the credit union
Education and Experience:
- Candidates must have seven or more years of experience in a senior finance and accounting leadership role.
- Industry experience in a credit union or banking institution.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, or a similar field is required. A master’s degree and/or CPA highly desired
- Candidates must have strategic leadership experience and data analytics expertise. Experience with mergers and acquisitions is preferred.
ABOUT SUN EAST FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
Sun East was chartered in 1949 as the result of Sun Oil Company employees banding together to assist each other with their financial needs. From these humble beginnings, Sun East has grown to over $877 million in assets serving the financial needs of more than 52,250 members throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey. We are grateful for the trust our members place in us and for the privilege of being able to serve them and their families! Our board of directors, committee members, and staff strive daily to uphold the credit union’s mission and vision.