Become a part of Frontwave Credit Union
Dream big. We got you.
Frontwave Credit Union is located in the beautiful Coastal City of Oceanside, California. There aren’t many communities like this one. One foot in the Pacific, the other in the desert. Home to the world’s greatest fighting forces — and a community of blue-collar fighters.
Frontwave has a long and proud history of serving the community. Our members spend their days working. And their free time playing. They plan. They grow. They fight for what’s important. And when they bank, they bank here knowing Frontwave has 100 percent commitment and zero excuses! Are you ready to join us as our next chief financial officer (CFO)?
Frontwave’s Next CFO
Our next CFO will join a senior team of executives focusing on creating a culture of excellence by actively modeling behavior that builds and maintains a strong and healthy working environment for our employees and that supports member satisfaction and loyalty. Under the direction of the chief executive officer, the CFO directs and coordinates a broad range of activities associated with the financial affairs of the credit union to meet its objectives and strategies. This includes oversight of the Finance, Accounting, and Payments departments for the credit union while actively supporting and promoting Frontwave’s core values, mission and vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the accurate reporting of the financial condition of the credit union.
- Serves as Chair of the Asset Liability Committee, Fees Committee, and the Risk Oversight Committee.
- Maintains the Asset Liability Management Investment (ALMI) Policy
- Approves, monitors, and implements cost control strategies.
- Ensures that the credit union’s accounting procedures comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for financial and tax reporting, financial analyses, liquidity management, and forecasting reports.
- Prepares budgets and periodic analysis of budget variance. Makes recommendations relating to budget preparation, income forecasts, and operational changes as needed.
- Ensures that the credit union has in place appropriate measures to mitigate risk exposure from all sources.
- Works closely with Audit and Compliance to support regulatory examinations and supervisory committee audits and examinations as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Candidates must have seven or more years of experience in a finance and accounting senior leadership role.
- Industry experience in a credit union, financial, or banking institution.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, or a similar field is required. MBA required and CPA is highly desirable.
- Candidates must have strategic leadership experience and data analytics expertise. Experience with mergers and acquisitions is preferred.
Competitive compensation, incentive bonus, matching 401k plan, health, and welfare benefits, PTO policy, and car allowance.
Salary range: $162,000 to $270,000 annually
Frontwave has served its members’ needs since 1952 and is an active community partner with nine branches, and over 122,000 members.