The most important singular decision a board makes is hiring the best possible CEO to fulfill the organization’s objectives. However, discovering shared priorities, normalizing the rhythm of coordination, and effectively evaluating the CEO’s ongoing performance can feel like a full-time job—especially for a volunteer board!
Best practices will be highlighted for boards to implement a performance evaluation method that is substantive in content, rigorous in evaluation, and encourages improvement and alignment on the most important priorities.
- An evidenced-based process that reduces the angst of the annual evaluation process.
- A sample of suggested statements to include in an evaluation.
- A method for quantifying areas of strength and improvement.
- A recommended timeline to start the process.
- A refreshed perspective of the modality of the CEO evaluation.