CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Seattle Credit Union
At Seattle Credit Union, our mission is “to make prosperity a reality” for our members. As a team, we are united in providing trusted financial advice, a breadth of products, and personalized service to reach our goal of supporting communities that have financial freedom within their reach. Seattle Credit Union is looking for a collaborative, innovative, talented, and community-minded Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who is ready to join a dynamic executive team that prides itself on reinvesting in its members and the community.
The CFO will report directly to the chief executive officer and will be an executive leadership team (ELT) member. This vital role will be integral to shaping the credit union’s future. You are a visible strategic and operational leader driving the organization’s financial success through sound decisions and strategic planning. If you are an experienced finance leader capable of bringing a diversity of thought to the table and a deliberate and informed approach to strategic decisions, this may be your role!
The CFO will oversee finance and accounting, budgeting and forecasting, direct treasury, operations, tax accounting, and income/ALM simulation forecasts to support the strategic plan. Other responsibilities include oversight of product pricing, managing the credit union’s balance sheet, and protecting net worth and liquidity. This role will also manage the organization’s commercial insurance coverage and other finance and accounting duties as assigned. The CFO must be a strong leader who builds, develops, and maintains a strong accounting and finance department. The ideal CFO for this role can reside in Seattle, Washington, or work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or CPA preferred
- Eight-plus years of executive leadership experience in accounting/finance
- Proven track record of success in a high-performance financial services institution of $1B in assets or larger or unique qualifications within a credit union, community, or regional bank.
- Expert in GAAP
- Exceptional leadership, communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data, and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to multitask, maintaining a high degree of detail and accuracy
- The ability to be flexible and work in an environment that is constantly changing and growing
Salary ranges from $294,700 – 353,800 annually.
ABOUT SEATTLE CREDIT UNION
In 1933, seven City of Seattle workers got together to lend each other and their co-workers a hand. They pooled their resources to make loans to each other that they couldn’t get from the banks. This spirit of people helping people has been a central part of the credit union philosophy in general and is a heritage that we at Seattle Credit Union take very seriously.
Our members are the reason we exist. Our number one job is to make sure that they are able to borrow money, grow their savings, and take advantage of special benefits as they travel on their journey toward prosperity, however, they choose to define it.