Chief Lending Officer
CommonWealth Central Credit Union
San Jose, California
CommonWealth Central Credit Union, a financial institution that provides compassionate guidance to help its members enhance their financial well-being, is looking for a dedicated executive to lead its lending division. The new Chief Lending Officer (CLO) will provide executive leadership and strategic direction to the credit union’s lending function. Using a member-centric approach, the CLO will develop innovative loan products that resonate with consumers in the credit union’s market. If you are ready to strategically grow the loan portfolio mix to reflect increased direct loans to members, this may be your role.
The CLO will continually evaluate and anticipate our member’s product and service needs using advanced data analytics. As an executive team member, the CLO will ensure alignment with the credit union’s vision, strategy, and brand promise to achieve market differentiation.
The CLO brings an innovative approach to lending and will be an active and engaged member of the leadership team responsible for bringing the mission and vision to life, implementing organizational strategy, and driving a positive corporate culture and balanced scorecard achievement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, research, and recommend new lending opportunities (consumer, real estate, and commercial loan products) within the existing membership and surrounding communities. Assess the potential for increased growth and expansion of the loan portfolio, impact on the overall level of portfolio credit risk, cost-effectiveness, and alignment with the credit union’s strategy.
- Monitor and manage the loan portfolio’s quality, mix, and size with an emphasis on serving members and surrounding communities with direct consumer, real estate, and commercial loans.
- Responsible for successfully implementing and maintaining all loan production goals for the credit union.
- Partner with the Chief Experience Officer to ensure a fast, easy, convenient, and seamless loan application and funding experience across all delivery channels. Collaborate with the Chief Marketing Officer to deliver and market lending products to the Credit Union’s target.
- Actively participate in the credit union’s strategic planning process and the organization’s future direction.
- Serve as the credit union’s Credit Manager
- Actively participate in various committees and teams.
- Ensure the continuous development and training of lending managers and team members and strengthen the overall performance of the lending division.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A master’s degree is highly preferred.
- 10+ years working in progressively more responsible financial institution leadership positions in lending/credit operations and administration. A minimum of five years as the top lending executive at a credit union or bank.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with driving loan portfolio growth and developing new loan products to meet changing consumer needs
- Experience in developing, leading, and monitoring the strategic direction of lending/credit operations.
- Proven ability to break down barriers and pave new paths.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other leaders within the organization to develop and implement organizational strategy.
- Passion for innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo to enhance a strong member/customer service culture.
- Proven success in leading, directing, and developing team and individual team members.
The base salary range is $210,000 to $230,000.